European treatment trial launched; first confirmed case in Syria; Olympic committee considers ‘scaled-down’ Tokyo 2020. Follow the latest news
- UK could face Italy-style lockdown, warns Boris Johnson
- US coronavirus latest updates
- Australia coronavirus – live updates
- Italy shuts all non-essential businesses after 793 die in one day
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Hi, this Helen Sullivan. I’ll bringing you key developments in the coronavirus pandemic for the next few hours, as we navigate a crisis that has seen around one billion people worldwide confined to their homes.
As the virus continues to spread, governments are introducing stricter isolation measures and enforcement procedures, as well as financial plans in an attempt weaken its economic impact.